Summary: Prepares FMS sandwiches, salads and parfaits placed in designed containers and properly labeled for the retail food industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow established rules of each unit for entry to building and work areas, properly attired and in compliance with HACCP guidelines for personal hygiene and observe security precautions as mandated by unit management.
- Read specifications for food production to ensure foods is prepared with the correct ingredients and packaged into correct containers.
- Comply with all HACCP and Flying Food Group sanitation and proper food handling policies and procedures.
- Cut fruits/vegetables/sandwiches using knives in a safe manner to specified weights or sizes.
- Inspect dispensed items for contamination foreign bodies.
- Properly return food for storage or dispose of unused food items or supplies to proper storage facility for future use with adherence to dating and rotation schedule
- Remove trays of portioned meats, vegetables, fruits, cheeses and other cold food items from refrigerator and place at appropriate workstation for food assembly at the beginning of the work shift.
- Return unused food items in their proper container and properly labeled to the refrigerator at the end of the work shift.
- Clean the workstation at the end on the shift.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- TeamWork – Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work. Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold (non-weather).