Specializes in Korean Culinary techniques
- Work with kitchen staff to produce high quality products on a consistent basis
- Interface and efficient to react to Customer/Executive Chef requirements
- Implement customer specific menu items
- Maintain HACCP standards
- Culinary Quality & Menu Adherence
- Responsible for Food & Quality Safety
- Menu development when required and other daily operation needs
- Responsible for all facets of daily hot food production including presentations for airlines, maintenance of daily requisitions, production sheets and monthly updates
- Ensure compliance with airline specification, personal hygiene and food handling procedures
- Assist in the development and training of employees
- Assist in maintaining a good relationship between the departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Good communication skills with employees, a must. Minimum of one year of experience working in all Asian techniques is required.
- Strong knowledge of Japanese cooking philosophies and principles.
- Ability to explain Asian cooking techniques
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Japanese cooking in a high-volume hotel/restaurant is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all basic Asian cooking techniques is required.
- Minimum of one year experience in a high production volume restaurant/hotel is required.
- Minimum of three years of general culinary experience is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word and Excel) are required.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience and ability to convert recipes from metric to U.S. and vice versa for both volume and weight is required.