- Read instructional charts or diagrams to determine amount and kind of foods and supplies to be packaged or assembled into trays or containers.
- Cut fruits, vegetables, and meat using knives or slicing machinery in a safe manner to specified weights or sizes.
- Portion and garnish hot cooked foods, such as meant and vegetables into individual serving dishes. Inspect dispensed items for contamination by foreign bodies.
- Properly return food for storage or dispose of unused food items or supplies to proper storage facility for future use with adherence to dating and rotation schedule.
- Remove pans or trays of portioned salads, desserts, rolls, cream and other cold food items from refrigerator or pantry and place at appropriate station for tray assembly counter/tables to facilitate assembly of meal trays.
- Store completed trays in airline storage carts or containers to be transported to airplane.
- Follow established rules of each unit for entry to building and work areas, properly attired and in compliance with HACCP guidelines for personal hygiene and observe security precautions as mandated by unit management.
- Comply with all HACCP and Flying Food Group sanitation and proper food handling policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player
- Takes initiative