We are looking for Drivers for our facility located in Kona, Hawaii.
The Driver is responsible for loading galley food, beverages, and equipment onto a truck, driving the truck to various aircraft types, and loading the equipment. All activities must be accomplished according to customer guidelines while adhering to safety regulations. The Driver interacts with the airline representatives at the aircraft and must provide excellent customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Cater aircraft according to airline specifications
- Communicate with the flight crew, maintain good relations with the customer
- Load and unload aircraft in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure on-time delivery of all items for each flight
- Communicate by radio to supervisors and dispatcher
- Drive a heavy vehicle respecting airport traffic regulations
- Verify meal carts based on flight configuration
- He or she actively participates in implementing company safety policy and departmental standards and procedures
- Drive safely to ensure no accidents occur and follow Airport driving rules for speed limits and safety.
- Conduct vehicle checks to ensure proper maintenance of the vehicle
- Transport airline equipment and trash from aircraft to kitchen
- Combine all components for assigned meal flights using checklists
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly work area and vehicle
- Responsible for interacting with FA when reviewing and loading information
- Work safely to prevent accidents to self and coworkers
- Comply with all HACCP/GMP and sanitation for proper food handling policies and procedures
- Comply with Ramp Safety policies and procedures
- Clean airline racks, trays, and other equipment to prepare for the next flight
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Ability to pass all required airport and Customs security clearance
- The position requires an excellent working knowledge of employee and food safety practices, policies, and procedures in accordance with federal and state regulations
- Must be knowledgeable in the hazard analysis and critical control point [HACCP] system of food protection
- Must be familiar with Customs regulations relative to bonded material and regulated waste handling, be knowledgeable, and have the ability to learn applicable U.S. Government and local regulations governing safe food handling and prevention of foodborne illness
- Works assigned schedule and could include weekends and holidays
- Works overtime when required
- Arrives to work on-time
- Completes paperwork and related administrative duties.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment, and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds frequently during shift
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
- Must be knowledgeable and stay current with Ramp Safety policies and procedures
- The wage range for this position is $20.00 Hourly/ $500 sign-on bonus after 90 days.
- Comprehensive benefits package PTO. Paid Holidays & Vacation Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage Flexible Spending Accounts Life Insurance Disability Insurance Retirement Savings Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) Support link (online care)
- Career growth and opportunities for promotions
- Holiday Pay
- Referral Bonus Incentive
- IFSA scholarship opportunities for FFG employees and their children
- FFG and AT&T have teamed up to offer all our employees a discount on mobile services. (Voluntary Benefit)
- Pet insurance coverage is available as a voluntary benefit.
- 401(k) w/ Match
- Growth: online courses, virtual and on-site development experiences
Schedule: Schedules are based on our needs, we’re a 24/7 facility and candidates will need to be able to work any schedule, any day including holidays and weekends.
COME APPLY AT 73-4800 Kanalani Street Kailua-Kona, HI 96740