Seeking a highly qualified Building Maintenance Manager to oversee, coordinate and manage the operation and maintenance of all Refrigeration, Boilers, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire/Life systems in a 24/7 commercial food service kitchen. Also manage a fleet of hi-lift trucks for aircraft catering, ramp vans and other company vehicles. Ability to perform cycle time, useful life analysis on major systems components, repair vs replacement recommendations along with appropriate record keeping. Supervise a staff of maintenance technicians and report to the General Manager.
- Provide leadership, supervision and schedule of the Maintenance Team, tasks specific to skills, training in all kitchen facility operation and encourage ideas, methods, and processes for improvement.
- Daily operation, repair and preventative maintenance (PM) of all MEP&R systems, fleet management and maintenance as well as Energy consumption and analysis.
- Maintain daily system performance logs as required with monthly summaries for Upper Management reviews to predict future expenses and post against annual budgets.
- Maintain and perform equipment PM tasks and records updates. Maintain a complete inventory of all major building systems, manage warranty issues and keep a listing of available outside resources to compliment inhouse maintenance efforts.
- Conduct scheduled and periodic inspections of the complete facility condition and infrastructure to ensure building upkeep and operational readiness. Document and report deficiencies with recommended remediation.
- Plans, develops and implements new procedures to improve operations while minimizing costs. Requisitions tools, equipment and supplies required for operations.
- Observe and report on all safety issues, fire alarm status and emergency systems to ensure a safe work environment.
- Coordinate with all Department heads to schedule PMs and down times resulting in minimal disruption to operations.
- Engineering degree or equivalent Certifications and relevant experience is a must.
- Holder of current Refrigeration, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing and Boiler Certifications.
- 10 – 15 years related experience in a management position as described.
- Skills in reading building design blueprints (AutoCAD very useful) with proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong analytical skills in problem solving, managing services contracts, generating operational reports for presentation to upper management.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to direct other technicians and match available talents with tasks.
- Belief and attitude in the importance of cultivating and maintaining a high degree of maintenance, appearance, and Customer Service at all times.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional kitchen. This role routinely uses kitchen equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position in a 24/7/365 work environment.
Flexibility with weekdays, evenings and weekend required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.